TalentEd Perform and McRel
Simplify, automate, and ensure a consistent observation, supervision, and evaluation process, all with flexibility and freedom in case that process and its requirements change.
McREL’s respected, research-based teacher and principal evaluation standards and rubrics are now available in Perform.
McREL International spent decades producing educator effectiveness research as a nonprofit, non-partisan organization committed to excellence in teaching, learning and leadership, and now offers research-based, growth-oriented standards and rubrics that respect the education profession and the professional while driving growth and accountability.
McREL provides strong connections between evaluation systems and its well-known research and training programs, including Classroom Instruction That Works, Balanced Leadership, and District Leadership That Works.
And now, McREL’s evaluation frameworks are available in TalentEd Perform, a flexible K-12 performance evaluation solution trusted by hundreds of districts and schools nationwide.
Perform: Comprehensive performance management technology designed to handle all K-12 employee evaluation needs.
Simplify, automate and ensure consistent observation, supervision and evaluation processes, all with the flexibility to customize and adapt to changing processes or requirements.
- Configurable to fit existing forms and processes, your preferred framework, or McREL’s rubrics for teachers (Standard and CUES) and principals (Balanced Leadership).
- Reduce paperwork and minimize cost. No hardware to buy and nothing to install.
- Available anywhere you can access the internet, even on tablets and mobile phones.
- Automate and streamline workflow and communications for your principals, administrators, teachers and staff.
- Process status and completion reporting.
- Automatic workflow, e-signatures and reminder alerts.
- Form builder allows for configuration and updating any time.
- Evaluation process builder ensures evaluations are completed according to your guidelines.
- Evaluation result analytics help you make data-driven decisions and generate relevant reports.
- Inter-rater reliability monitoring ensure evaluator consistency.
- Support for teacher artifacts portfolio collection in alignment with you standards.
- Create and include results from engagement surveys.
- Sync evaluation tasks with your existing calendar.
- Tablet and mobile access with anytime, anywhere access to complete forms or review evaluation status.
- Personal improvement plans support.
Flexibility & Freedom
Unlike most systems, with TalentEd Perform you’re not limited to using a specific evaluation framework. It’s your content, your way with tools to complete observation, summative evaluation forms, and rubrics online. And unlike other systems, you can handle all of your performance evaluations — certified, classified, administrative, coaches, and even substitutes — in the same system.
Ditch the spreadsheets to track tasks and activity. The Principal Dashboard keeps principals, building administrators, and other evaluators on task, up-to-date, and in control on their evaluations.
Need to know the status of an evaluation? Get answers right away by instantly viewing what tasks are planned, scheduled, incomplete, and complete for each employee evaluation.
Monitor Inter-Rater Reliability
Ensure evaluator consistency with real-time data as components are submitted, or pre-configure reports to make it easy to review how evaluations are being completed and if calibration is needed.
No more phone calls or nagging emails to see if evaluations are getting completed across the district or organization. Now see evaluation status of any employee in real time, or view evaluation progress by building or across the entire district or institution.
Tablet & Mobile Access
Today’s administrators require 24/7 access on the go. Anytime. Anywhere. Complete your observations or walkthroughs on the go with your tablet or mobile phone. Works with any device that supports HTML 5, including iPhone, Android, and Blackberry.
Evaluation Processes Tool
Feel confident that your evaluations are being completed as planned with automatic organization of all your evaluation processes, including all the forms, meetings, and other tasks on the to-do list. The evaluation process builder supports compliance by ensuring all scheduled tasks are completed by supervisors and their employees being evaluated.
TalentEd Perform Staff List
See all staff evaluations, all the time, providing supervisors and HR professionals access to all designated employees and their evaluation folders on one screen. Quickly search for a specific employee; see who has an evaluation and who doesn’t, as well as improvement plans; and access employee folders in real time, all with the Staff List.
Observation Scripting Tool
Take notes while in an observation so an observer can focus on noting what they see in the classroom and not worry about answering the specific questions on the observation form. Notes are easily “glued” where appropriate after the observation with automatic time stamping for simple recall.
HR Analytics & Reporting
Use your data find answers to evaluation questions or to provide needed reports. Analyze your observation and summative evaluation data and use it to provide targeted professional development early and often to improve performance. Plus, prepare and export data for reporting to the school board or the state.
Supervisory Weekly Email
Stay informed via automated email of any scheduled meetings or forms to be completed. Receive overdue reminders, upcoming meetings (such as scheduled observations), and be alerted of any forms your staff still needs to complete, such as a lesson preview or self-evaluation form.